If you've been following my blog, you may remember this post where I discussed my goals for 2012. One of my goals was to cook 9 new recipes from my cookbooks. Well, I think I can achieve that goal at the rate I'm going... but I've been cooking new recipes I've found over the internet so far... I'll get back to the task on hand soon!
So here's the first new recipe I tried out in 2012...
Baked Spaghetti (source: allrecipes.com)
- 1 (16 ounce) package spaghetti
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (26 ounce) jar meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups small curd cottage cheese
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the spaghetti sauce and seasoned salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, Parmesan cheese and butter. Drain spaghetti; add to egg mixture and toss to coat.
- Place half of the spaghetti mixture in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish. Top with half of the cottage cheese, meat sauce and mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers. Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes. Uncover; bake 20-25 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
The verdict? Not too bad. I made this a couple of weeks ago and my hubby really liked it. It makes a ton so we had enough leftovers for him to take to work. My kids? They're kind of spaghetti snobs. They only like noodles and sauce. DS won't touch it if there's meat on the noodle. *sigh*. I think he ate a bit of this though.
So tough with picky eaters in this house! Argh!
Thanks for stopping by!
Yay for #1 of 9 new recipes! Yes, I will cook more from my cookbooks. It's only February - I have time! :)