Well, as you may remember from THIS post, I created some pretty lofty goals for myself in 2012...since the year is coming to an end, I thought I should probably see where I'm at with it all...
1. Go on 1 big vacation. - DONE! We went to Hawaii in April!
2. Go to Disneyland at least 2 times. - Since we found out we were pregnant in March, finances have been tight and I was just too big to travel anywhere. We did go to Disneyland once in August. 1 out of 2 times isn't bad, right? Unfortunately, we didn't renew our annual passes. :(
3. Celebrate M's 3rd birthday. - done! pictures coming soon...well someday. *lol*
4. Complete 4 sewing projects. - 1) I created 2 banner/buntings for M's 3rd birthday. (I don't think I took pics. :( ) 2) I made 4 baby blankets for L before he was born... here are 2 of them:
3) I also made some burp cloths... I didn't take pics. :( 4) and I whipped up a baby snuggler this past weekend to help L sleep through the night:
I'll post about it another day...
5. Celebrate J's 5th birthday.- done! ok. ok. I'll post pictures!
6. Go on at least 6 dates with my husband this year! - I think we've went on 2 dates... I have to look back at my calendar to make sure... But with a newborn, when will we ever go on a date again in the near future???
7. Create 7 projects using my Accucut. - um, that would be a big ZERO in the Accucut department.
8. Celebrate our 8 year wedding anniversary. - Since we were saving money, we kept it low key: had Thai food and watched a movie... But for some reason, neither of us can remember what movie we watched! *lol*
9. Try out 9 new recipes from my cookbooks. - when I'm pregnant, I usually hate cooking. And this year was no different. I tried a couple of new recipes from the internet, but from my cookbooks? Not so much. And, we were lucky if I actually cooked these past few months! The kids and DH were living off frozen food, leftovers and take-out. Sad, I know.
10. Lose 10 pounds. Yes, I'm going for it again! - Well, luckily, I've lost the baby weight. Now I need to work on getting back to a healthy weight.
11. Read 11 books. - DONE! I surprised myself because I got this done in the middle of may. It also helped that 6 of the books were series books (The Hunger Games and 50 Shades of Grey). That knocked out half my list!
12. Complete Project Life 2012. - Big. FAT. FAIL. :( I'm stuck in the end of April. And it's too late for me to catch up. I'm debating on whether or not to do PL for 2013.... I like the concept, but I like traditional scrapbooking and want to explore it again. We'll see.
I have more resolutions in mind...
- Spend less on supplies. - This was a good goal, in theory... I was so good at the beginning of the year... Now? Not so much.
- Get published.
- Open up my Etsy shop (finally).
- manage our budget and money better.
- unpack the last of our boxes from when we moved. No more cardboard boxes!
- organize the garage
- organize the master bedroom retreat.
- meal plan consistently so we don't eat out as much!
- exercise. "move more, eat well" - as inspired by Cathy Zielske.
- stop worrying and freaking out about everything.
- curse less. (haha)
And as you can see, the crafty and personal goals don't have anything crossed out. They're all something I'm constantly struggling with working on. One day, I'll get there though. Someday, I hope.